请约翰逊先生听电话
Dialogue
A: Hello! I'd like to speak to Mr. Johnson.
喂!请约翰逊先生听电话。
B: I'm sorry, but Mr. Johnson isn't here now.
对不起,约翰逊先生现在不在这里。
A: When do you expect him back?
你想他什么时候会回来?
B: I'm not sure, but he'll probably be back by three. Shall I have him call you back?
我不太确定,大概3点以前会回来。要我叫他回你电话吗?
A: Yes, thanks. Tell him to call David Lin. My phone number is 321-4567.
好,谢谢。请他打给林大卫。我的电话号码是321-4567。
B: Okay, I'll tell him as soon as he comes back.
好的,他一回来我就告诉他。
【注】
I'd like to speak to ~ 请~听电话
expect v. 想;认为
probably adv. 大概;或许
have sb. do sth. 要某人做某事
call sb. back 回某人电话
活用练习
1、I am sorry he isn't here now. 对不起,他现在不在。
2、He is not in now. 他现在不在。
3、He is out. 他出去了。
4、Mr. Johnson is out now. 约翰逊先生出去了。
5、He's out for lunch. 他出去吃午饭了。