你要不要留个话?
Dialogue
A: Accounting Department.
会计部。
B: May I speak with Mr. Wang?
请王先生听电话好吗?
A: I’m sorry, he’s just stepped out for lunch.
对不起,他刚出去吃午饭。
B: What time is he expected back?
他什么时候会回来?
A: Around one o’clock. Would you care to leave a message?
大约1点钟。你要不要留个话?
B: Well, would you ask him to call me back?
嗯,能不能请他回我电话?
A: Certainly. Can I have your name and phone number?
当然。请问你的大名和电话号码?
B: My name is David Lin and my number is 2642-0190.
我叫林大卫,号码是2642-0190。
A: Mr. David Lin at 2642-0190. Thank you for calling. I’ll give Mr. Wang your message as soon as he comes back from lunch.
2642-0190林大卫。谢谢你的电话。王先生吃完午饭回来,我会立刻把你的话告诉他。
【注】
care v. 要;想
leave v. 留下
step out 外出
around prep. 大约;将近(=about)
come back from ~ 从~回来
活用练习
1、He’s just stepped out for lunch. 他刚出去吃午饭。
2、He’s out for lunch. 他出去吃午饭。
3、He is not available right now. 他现在不方便。
4、He’s in a meeting. 他在开会。
5、He’s on another phone. 他在接另一个电话。