●首页 加入收藏 网站地图 热点专题 网站搜索 [RSS订阅] [WAP访问]  
语言选择:
英语联盟 | www.enun.cn
英语学习 | 英语阅读 | 英语写作 | 英语听力 | 英语语法 | 综合口语 | 考试大全 | 英语四六 | 英语课堂 | 广播英语 | 行业英语 | 出国留学
品牌英语 | 实用英语 | 英文歌曲 | 影视英语 | 幽默笑话 | 英语游戏 | 儿童英语 | 英语翻译 | 英语讲演 | 求职简历 | 奥运英语 | 英文祝福
背景:#EDF0F5 #FAFBE6 #FFF2E2 #FDE6E0 #F3FFE1 #DAFAF3 #EAEAEF 默认  
阅读内容

着迷英语900句 Book4-3

[日期:2006-08-28]   [字体: ]
      : Gary, my brother. Gary Whitney Crawford, Jr. 我哥哥瑞?小葛瑞?维特尼?郭佛,
: He looks just like me, you know, Joana. At least he used to. 你知道的, 琼娜他和我长得一模一样, 至少以前很像.

: He''s eighteen months older than I am, but as kids we used to wear the same clothes and pretend we were twins! 他比我大十八个月, 但是我们小的时候都穿同样的衣服, 假装我们是双胞胎.
: Gary was the GREatest brother in the world, and in many ways, he was may father, too. 葛瑞是个全世界最好的哥哥, 在很多方面, 他也可作我爸爸.
: Dad didn''t have time for me. 我爸爸没有时间陪我,
: He was too busy. 他太忙碌了.
: Gary and I went to the same college, but that''s when things started to change. 我和葛瑞上同一间大学, 可是到那个时候, 情况就开始转变了,
: He studied business. 他学商了.
: Why did he study business? 他为甚么学商业?
: Because my father wanted him to. 因为我爸爸要他这样做,
: He used to study night and day. 他日以继夜的念书,
: I studied art and worked hard at it. 我学艺术, 而且很用功.
: But I had time for my friends, too. 不过, 我还有时间和朋友在一起.
: Gary and I saw each other less and less. 我和葛瑞彼此见面的机会愈来愈少.
: When Gary graduated, he went to work for my father. 葛瑞毕业以后就到我爸爸的公司去作事.
: He stayed at the office until late at night. 他很晚才离开办公室,
: He kept to himself a lot. 不常和别人交谈.
: Like my father, Gary was always busy. 葛瑞像我爸爸一样, 一天到晚忙着.
: Then one night, Gary and my father had a terrible fight. 后来有一天晚上, 葛瑞和爸爸吵架, 吵得惊天动地.
: The next morning Gary moved out. 第二天早上葛瑞就搬走了,
: We never saw him again. 我们以后再也没有看到他.
: About a year ago, a college friend of mine saw Gary in London. 大概一年以前, 我大学时代的一个同学在伦敦看到葛瑞,
: He was with a woman and a baby. 他和一个女的还有一个小孩在一起.
: My friend was sure it was Gary. 我那个同学确定那是葛瑞,
: He never forgets a face. 他永远不会忘记那张脸.
: I would like to write about two people, a man and a woman. 我要写的是关于两个人, 一个男人和一个女人的故事.
: They live quiet lives. 他们过着很平静的生活,
: When they go out into the street, no one asks for their autographs, but everyone in their profession knows and respects them. 当他们出门在街上走的时候, 没有人要求他们的亲笔签名, 但是他们的同行都知道他们, 也都尊敬他们,
: They work as a team. 他们一起工作如同一个小组.
: The woman is a journalist. 女的是位新闻记者,
: The man is a photographer. 男的是位摄影师.
: They met on their first job. 他们是在担任第一份工作的时候认识的,
: They both worked for a famous picture magazine. 两个人同在一个有名的书刊杂志社作事.
: She wrote the articles, and he took the photographs. 她负责写文章, 而他负责照相片.
: The magazine sent them all over the world to cover important events. 杂志社派他们到世界各地去采访重要的新闻,
: They won many awards and medals. 他们赢得了很多奖赏和徽章.
: One day the magazine went bankrupt. 有一天杂志社破产了,
: Many other magazines and newspapers offered them positions, 很多其他杂志社和报社都提供他们工作的职位,
: but at this point the man and the woman decided to work independently. 但在这个时候, 他们决定从事独立作业方式.
: She decided she wanted to write a book about her experiences at the magazine. 她决定写一本描述她在书刊杂志社工作时的经过,
: He wanted to work on a photographic essay on bonsai. 他则想作一本盆栽的照片专集.
: For once, they did not worry about deadlines and editors. 他们首次可以不用为截稿日期和编辑而烦恼.
: They enjoyed their work and GREw professionally. 他们工作感到很愉快, 而逐渐崭露头角.
: Their books were successful. 他们的书都很畅销,
: When they finished their separate projects, 当完成了个别的计划之后,
: they decided to work as a team again. 他们决定再度合作.
: Now they are ready to go, day or night, on a moment''s notice. 现在他们随时准备出动,
: When there are earthquakes in Honduras, they are there. 当宏都拉斯发生大地震时, 他们在那里采访;
: When there are battles in the Middle East, they are there. 当中东有战役时, 他们在那里访问;
: When there are local tragedies, they are there, too. 当地方发生悲惨事件时, 他们也在那儿采访.
: My parents are a GREat team. 我的父母就是这个伟大小组的成员.
: James Yamamoto 山本杰美斯
: Look at all those people. 看看那许多人,
: They all have good jobs and houses in the country. 他们都有很好的工作, 并且在乡下都拥有房子,
: OK., maybe all of them don''t have houses in the country, but they probably have more than you. 好吧! 他们不一定每一个人都在乡下有房子, 但是或许他们拥有的比你还多.
: Laura, stop it. 得了, 罗拉,
: Don''t feel so sorry for yourself. 不要为自己感到难过,
: Nobody likes to get out and look for a job. 没有一个人喜欢出来找工作,
: I''m getting depressed again. 我又情绪低落了,
: It''s time for a change. 该是换换环境了,
: Maybe I''ll meet someone in an elevator, and he''ll offer me a wonderful job. 也许我会在电梯里认识一个人, 然后他将提供给我一份理想的工作,
: My worries will be over. 我就没有烦恼,
: Stop it, Laura. Be realistic. 得了, 罗拉, 现实点.
: Yes, it''s time for a change. 对, 我应该换一个环境了,
: I hate offices. 我讨厌办公室,
: I don''t hate work - that''s why I got the job with Crawford - but I don''t like offices. 我不厌恶工作 - 所以才到郭佛那里去作事 - 但是我不喜欢办公室,
: I don''t feel human in an office. 我觉得在公司里不像个人.
: I''d rather work with people than with files and typewriters. 我喜欢和别人接触, 不喜欢和档案、打字机作伴.
: But how? 要怎么样才可以呢?
: I could be a real estate agent, a travel agent, 我可以当房地产经纪人、旅行经纪人、
: a... anything, as long as it isn''t boring. 或什么都行, 只要不令人无聊就可以.
: Claire''s going to law school. 克蕾尔正读法律学校.
: Crawford''s son, what''s his name? ...Michael, Yes. 郭佛的儿子, 他叫什么名字? ... 麦可. 对了,
: He wants to be an artist. 他想作艺术家.
: Henry Leeds likes his job. 亨利?里德斯喜欢他的工作,
: He doesn''t want to do anything else. 他不想再做其他事情,
: It is possible to be happy at your job. 一个人能从自己的工作得到快乐, 到底不是不可能的.
: I could teach Spanish. 我可以教西班牙文,
: No, I don''t have the patience. 不, 我没有这份耐心.
: I think I''d to be my own boss. 我想我会喜欢自己当老板.
: I like to sew. 我喜欢做针线.
: Maybe I could open a small dress shop. 也许我可以开一家小服装店.
: I wonder how much you need to start a shop. 不知道开一个店需要多少钱.
: My head is spinning. 我头昏脑胀,
: I must be getting hungry. 大概是饿了吧,
: I''m tired, too. 而且也疲倦.
: Maybe I''m getting a cold. 也许我感冒了,
: No. You''re not getting a cold. 不,你并不是感冒,
: You''re just depressed. And scared. 你只是沮丧和害怕.
: A dress shop. I''ll have to think about that. 开一家服装店, 这个应该多研究研究.
: Would you like to order now? 小姐想吃什么?


 

   免责声明:本站信息仅供参考,版权和著作权归原作者所有! 如果您(作者)发现侵犯您的权益,请与我们联系:QQ-50662607,本站将立即删除!
 
阅读:

推荐 】 【 打印
上一篇:
下一篇:着迷英语900句 Book2-9
相关新闻      
本文评论       全部评论
发表评论

点评: 字数
姓名:
内容查询

热门专题
 图片新闻