她正在接电话。
Her line is busy now. *busy表示“正在打电话”,而不是“忙”。
Sorry, her line is busy now. (对不起,她正在打电话。)
Alright. I/'ll try again later. (好的。那我过一会儿再打。)
She/'s on another line now.
Ms. Kane is talking to someone else now. (凯恩先生正在打电话。)
I/'m afraid she/'s on the other line now.
对不起,她现在脱不开身。
I/'m sorry, she/'s tied up at the moment. *tied up “忙得不能接电话”。
对不起,她正在接待客人。
I/'m sorry, she has company at this time. *company 除了“公司”以外,还表示“朋友”、“来客”。
您等会儿行吗?
Would you like to hold? *hold“拿”、“握住”,即“不挂电话等着”。
Would you like to hold? (您等会儿行吗?)
No, I/'ll call back later. Thanks. (不用了,过会儿我再打吧。谢谢。)
Would you like to stay on the line?
Can you hold the line, please?
Would you like to hold on?
Wanna hold? (能等会儿吗?) *只用于朋友或熟人,工作中不能使用。Wanna...是Do you want to的省略形式。表示“你想……吗?”
他现在不在座位上。
He/'s away from his desk now.
他在公司,但现在不在座位上。
He/'s in but he/'s not at his desk right now.
对不起,他出去了。
I/'m sorry, he/'s not in right now.
Is John there, please? (请问约翰在吗?)
I/'m sorry, he/'s not in right now. (对不起,他出去了。)
He/'s not in.
He/'s out now.
He/'s not here now.(他现在不在这儿。)
He/'s out of the office right now.
他什么时候能回来?
When is he coming back?
When do you expect him back?
What time do you think he/'ll be back?
他大概10分钟后回来。
He should be back in ten minutes. *in 指的不是“以内”,而是“……之后”,所以是“10分钟后”的意思。
他应该下个星期来上班。
He should be back in the office next week.
他休假到下个星期。
He/'s on vacation until next week.
他打电话来说病了。
He called in sick today. *call in sick 是习惯用语,“打电话请病假”。
他现在出差去了。
He/'s out of town now.
他现在吃午饭去了。
He/'s out to lunch now. *out to lunch 惯用语,“午休”。
他现在正在开会。
He/'s in a meeting right now.
他今天休息。
He/'s off today. *只用off就可以表示“休息”。