21.Four persons are walking, how should they go? 四人同行,应该怎样走?
Walk in pairs. 两两并行。
22.A man and a woman are walking, on which side should the man walk? 一对男女走在街上,男子应该走哪一侧? The outer side.外侧。
23.When taking a taxi, where should the passenger sit? 乘坐出租车时,乘客应坐在哪? The back row.后排。
24.When taking the escalator, which side should you stand on? 坐手扶电梯时,应站在靠哪边的位置?
You should stand on the right side. Leave the left side for someone in rush. 应靠右侧站立,为有急事的人空出左侧通道。
25.In big parties, how do people get to know each other? 在大型聚会上,人们怎样相识? By making self-introduction.通过自我介绍。
26.When making self-introduction, how many minutes should it take? 做自我介绍时,多长时间为宜?
Half a minute, no more than one minute.半分钟,不能超过一分钟。
27.When introducing people to each other,in what way is one supposed to do: 如何给朋友作介绍?
We should introduce the younger, less- distinguished or male one to the elder, distinguished, or female one first. 先把年轻的介绍给年老的,级别低的介绍给级别高的,男士介绍给女士。
28.When shaking hands, can a man wear gloves? 握手时,男人能带手套吗? No, he can"t. 不能。
29.When a man shakes hands with a woman, what"s the correct order?
男女握手,正确的顺序是什么? The lady gives her hand first. 女士先伸手。
30.When shaking hands with each other, who is supposed to give his or her hand first,the younger one or the elder one? 相互握手时,谁应该先伸手,年轻者还是年长者?
The elder one.年老者。
31.In international social life, how should we address a man and a woman? 在国际交往中,对男子和女子的称呼分别是什么?
We should address a man as Sir and a woman as Madame, Lady, or Ms. 对男子的称呼是先生;对女子的称呼是夫人或女士。
32.How do you address foreigners? 如何称呼外国人?
Generally, to men, you can call him “Mr.” To an unmarried woman, call her “Miss.”no matter how old she is. To a married woman, call her “Mrs.” If you don"t know whether she is married or not, call her “Ms.” You can call senior women “Madam.”In later years, “Ms.” has become more and more popular to women. 在涉外交往中,对男子一般称先生。对未婚女子,无论年龄大小,都称小姐。对已婚的女子称太太,对不了解婚姻状况的女子称女士。对地位较高、年龄稍长的已婚女子称夫人。近年来,女士已逐渐成为对女子最常用的称呼。
33.How do Americans address each other in daily life? By first name or by last name? 美国人在日常生活中怎样称呼对方?名还是姓?
By first name.名。
34.How do you call a Chinese boy named Robin Zhang? 你如何称呼一个英文名叫Robin且姓“张”的中国男孩?
Mr. Zhang or Robin.张先生或 Robin。
35.In America, are business cards exchanged on business occasions or on social occasions? 在美国,交换名片是在商务场合还是社交场合?
On business occasions. 商务场合。
36.When exchanging business cards with the guests, what is the preferred action you will take? 交换名片时应注意的礼仪是什么?
You should give your card with both hands, with the upper side facing to the receiver. 名片应双手呈递,将正面朝向接受方。
37.What should you do after you take a business card? 接受对方名片后你应该做什么?
After you get it, read it carefully before keeping it well.接受名片后要仔细看一遍,再把它放好。
38.If you are invited to dinner in Britain, when should you arrive? 10 minutes
earlier, on time or 5- 15 minutes late? 如果在英国你被邀请吃饭,你应该什么时候到?提前10分钟,准时还是迟到5到15分钟?
5-15minutes late.迟到5-15分钟。
39.When you visit an English man"s home for the first time, what ki
nd of gift should you bring? 第一次去英国人家里做客,你应带什么样的礼物?
Chocolates or flowers.巧克力或鲜花。
40.When you receive a westerner"s gifts, should you open them directly in front of him or after the guests leave? 收到西方人的礼物时,你是应该当面直接打开礼物还是等他离开后再打开? Open the gifts directly in front of him. 当面打开。